- Responsible for the supervision of all other employees in the department, under the direction of the Mayor.
- Provides guidance to Borough officials, employees and all other parties or consultants on the protection and management of natural resources within or affecting the Borough.
- Works with local fishermen, seafood processors and other agencies to monitor and support the stewardship of the sustainable fisheries within the Borough.
- Responsible for the acquisition, management and disposal of land and land interests in the Borough.
Assistant Director Responsibilities
- Assisting the director in the study, investigation and monitoring of fish, wildlife and other natural resources within the Borough
- Promotion of development, use and renewal of natural resources and maximizing benefits to the Borough and its residents.
- Writing and managing grant for the benefit of the Borough’s natural resources as needed.
If you’d like the latest information on the North Pacific Fishery Management Council, Alaska Board of Fisheries or other fishery-related topics, visit aebfish.org.