The Clerk’s Department consists of a head clerk along with administrative assistants. The department is responsible for and holds many duties.
- Attends Meetings
- Arranges Publications
- Maintains Files
- Prepares Agendas
- manages municipal records and develops retention schedules and procedures for inventory
- maintains storage and destruction of records as necessary
- advises the Assembly on the appropriate use of parliamentary procedures
- attest deeds and other documents
- administers all oaths required by law
- acts as custodian of the Borough seal and the official records of the Borough.